The Tax Law Department at URA Urquiza Abogados is comprised of experts from our associated law firm Lexelia who have extensive experience in advising companies in all fields of Tax Law, offering comprehensive solutions to each one of their needs.
Our advice prioritises the search for solutions to deal with challenges posed by our clients.
The services we provide include the following among others:
- General taxation
- Advice for national and international groups in the different fields of international, national and local taxation.
- International taxation
- Advice on foreign investment operations in Spain and, in particular, in the Canary Islands.
- Fiscal aspects of mergers and acquisitions
- Tax procedures and litigation
- Canary General Indirect Taxes
- Incentives of the Economic and Tax Regime of the Canary Islands:
- Canary Special Zone
- Reserve for Investments in the Canary Islands
- Deductions for Investments
- Transfer prices
- Due Diligence tax review procedures
- Special taxes: Tobacco Work and Petroleum Derivative Products
- Tax inspections
In addition to the foregoing, the experience acquired from advising several corporate groups during long periods of time has allowed us to obtain a medium- and long-term tax planning perspective, with special emphasis on the following aspects:
- Planning investment by multinational groups from abroad in the Canary Islands
- Repatriation of profit from the Canary Islands to foreign countries
- Optimisation of combined application of the diverse tax incentives provided by the Canary Special Tax Regime to investors and corporate groups
- Policy for transfer prices between related companies
- Strategy to be followed within the tax procedure framework for review and inspection, economic-administrative claims and appeals before the courts of justice
- It also has extensive experience and specific knowledge of the most relevant tax aspects that may affect the following sectors:
- Hotel groups established in the Canary Islands: hotel sector, non-hotel, timesharing
- Renewable energies
- Tobacco Industry
- Wholesale and retail trade in petroleum derivatives
- Motor vehicles
- Online gambling